Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Liebster

 I've been tagged by Ginger from East 80 to participate in the Liebster blog award.  The rules are as follows...


Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, PLUS create 11 questions for the people you tag.
3. Tag 11 other bloggers with less than 300 followers, go to their page and let them know you tagged them.
4. No tag backs.


Here are 11 things about myself:

1. I dream of living in a different state, but honestly don't think I could ever leave San Diego.
2. My husband I dated for 8 years before getting engaged, and got married a couple months shy of our 10th anniversary.
3. I long to live on a farm, an honest to goodness work my ass off farm.
4. I get claustrophobic really easily, and always have to open at least one window in the house even when it is freezing outside.
5. I am more happy and content in my 30's than I have ever been.
6. I am a book hoarder, seriously like it is a problem.
7. My husband and I are starting the long, arduous adoption process this year. I am terrified.
8. I own an embarrassing amount of flip flops. Living in San Diego is my excuse.
9. I love Wes Anderson movies and could watch them everyday and never get tired of them.
10. I dream of having my own beehives, and am working towards making that a reality.


11 questions I was given:

1. If you could live anywhere on the planet, where would it be?
The Pacific Northwest.  I am in love with the rich greens, and moss covered everything.  It seems like a magical place.

2. What is the one skill you wish you possessed/is acquiring it plausible?
I wish I was an artist, or had any artistic skills.  I would love to be able to paint/draw specifically.  I am sure I could learn and train in this, but I truly think you are born with it.

3. All-time favorite album?
It is a tie between Plans by Death Cab for Cutie and Year of Meteors by Laura Veirs.

4. What is the one thing blog readers might not know about you from reading your blog?
Well, my blog is pretty new, so a lot.  The one thing is that my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for about the last six years and it has been an very emotional struggle.  A big blog post is coming up on this.

5. Is there a particular story or quotation that has meant something to you that you have carried with you throughout life?
Well, there are really a lot to be honest, but this one by Mary Oliver is one I carry with me;

“When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms. 

When it is over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument. 

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.” 
 Mary Oliver

6. What is the most outlandish thing you believe in?
It is probably more about my lack of belief.  I don't believe in organized religion. I believe in love, kindness, and respect of others, and their beliefs.  Unless of course they are hurtful.

7. Do you believe there is a particular lesson for you to learn in this life?
I do.  I believe we are all here for a reason, what that is I don't know.  I do believe the lesson is to learn how to be one with all, especially the earth.  We all are from the same place and I believe the big lesson is how to learn to all live and work together for a greater good.

8. If you could go back to college (or attend college for a different interest) what would you study?
I would most definitely study earth science.

9. What is the one thing you can do today to make the world a better place/are you gonna do it?
I believe in treating everyone you come across with kindness, I hope that makes the world a bit of a better place.

10. What is your favorite movie?
Amelie or any Wes Anderson movie, particularly Fantastic Mr. Fox or The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

11.Who is your favorite fictional character?
Again, Amelie or any Downton Abbey character, I am slightly addicted.


My questions for YOU..

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
2. One is the one event, person, etc. that you say shaped your life the most?
3. When you are feeling low or out of sorts, what is the one song that can instantly change your mood?
4.  Where is your most favorite place you have traveled and why?
5.  Is the job you have now that one you want or would you like to be doing something different?
6.  Is there a song that makes you cry or tear up every time you hear it?
7.  If someone were to make a movie about your life, what would the title be?
8.  Do you like to plan everything out or are you spontaneous?
9.  What was the first concert you went to?
10.  What is your favorite book?
11. What accomplishment makes you the most proud?

Tagged:

Alquimia Oracle
Searching for Serendipity
Gypsy Moth Sol
Slow Down; Breathe
Rosy Revolver
We Shall Fly
Fate-filled Times


Ok, this is only 7 blogs I tagged but all the rest I read have A LOT of followers.

3 comments:

  1. i loved reading your answers! probably because i wrote the questions, haha!

    i've never heard Year of Meteors by Laura Veirs, i will have to check it out.

    the part that got me most excited i think, was to read you would like to study earth science! hells yeah girl! it's fascinating! hard as hell, but so worth it. knowing how things work just adds another layer of awe in there. i'm really passionate about sharing knowledge and hope to write a lot more about the earth and our universe as i learn more and more on my blog. i know i am going to start a series that will break down minerals into some science-y stuff as well as their metaphysical properties to kind of offer an all encompassing view of the crystals we work with...

    and seriously, wes anderson films are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun to answer all these Ginger! Most definitely check out Laura Veirs, she is amazing. Earthy, and full of love. I am excited to follow your blog, and hear more about all aspects of minerals, crystals and all they represent.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED reading this, Hollie! So much.

    ReplyDelete